Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thing #8 (rss feeds and readers)

RSS feeds and readers are both very user-friendly.
RSS feeds allow you to subscribe to blogs or podcasts quickly and easily, and readers are a good way to organize the blogs or podcasts to which you already subscribe.

I currently subscribe to several blogs related to my library science classes. I am sure that I will also be accessing these blogs once I become a librarian. The only non-education specific blogs to which I subscribe are those related to news or those to which I feel obligated to view (as they belong to friends).

Libraries/teachers/administrators can use readers or take advantage of this new technology to promote books or authors, school events, or host a place where students can organize their own blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment